- This event has passed.
Biology/Art: My Bushwick Inlet Story/Accordion Book
January 23 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
Join us for a lecture & talk about the Bushwick Inlet Park waterfront ecology & history, followed by a guided art session to make an accordian book.
* A Zoom link will be included in the registration confirmation. *
We’ll start with a 20 minute slideshow & talk about the Bushwick Inlet Park waterfront, its creatures, plants, and history.
Then enjoy a guided art session to make an accordion book. Fill it with art, poetry, a short story, collage or anything you can imagine.
Art supplies are those you might have at home or easy to get.
ART SUPPLIES TO HAVE AT HAND:
- A piece of drawing, multimedia, or watercolor paper. Or even printer paper. At least 16″ long would be good. Or we can glue a few sheets together
- A piece of cardboard to cut two book covers from. Delivery box, food box, anything stiff. At least 2″ x 4″ or larger.
- Decorative paper to use for both the covers, a few inches larger than your cardboard. Old book pages, magazine pages, wrapping paper.
- A ruler
- A scissor, exacto, or cutter – any tool that will cut your cardboard
- Paper glue, glue stick, or white crafting glue
Paints, colored pencils, markers, pens or collage materials, Anything which you would like to fill your book
No experience necessary.
Taught by Monica Schroeder, scientific illustrator & kayaker.