- This event has passed.
Motiva Public Visioning Meeting
January 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Design The Next Phase of Your Park!
Another section of Bushwick Inlet Park is moving forward with development into usable park space! Have your say in its use and design at the Public Visioning Session being held by NYC Parks & Recreation. Come share your ideas! We have waited so long.
Thursday January 24th, 2019 – 6pm
Bushwick Inlet Park Building
86 Kent Ave @ N 9th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Want to learn more? Can’t make the meeting? Contact and send suggestions to BKspecialevents@parks.nyc.gov or call 718-965-6991.
This your opportunity to imagine & voice what this next important phase of Bushwick Inlet Park will be. Knock yourself out with creative, unique park design ideas. The development of the Motiva site, which encompasses the inlet itself, is another step towards creating magnificent passive green space at Bushwick Inlet.
Bushwick Inlet Park Design Guiding Principles to Consider
- Bushwick Inlet Park should be a world-class park, reflecting a 21st-century, resilient design for the entire City.
- Bushwick Inlet Park should adhere to an updated, cohesive master plan for the entire 27 acres rather than a series of piecemeal, stand-alone designs.
- The 2007 master plan should remain the overall guide for the allocation of active and passive uses within the Park that will evolve through the scoping process.
4 essential things we learned from the Envisioning Bushwick Inlet Park series:
- Design for Excellence! Bushwick Inlet Park should be the City’s next premier waterfront park. The opportunity here should not be squandered.
- Design for the Community! Community involvement makes for the best design. Consider community diversity, that parks are community spaces, and encourage connectivity.
- Design for Resiliency! Resiliency matters – we must design for sea level rise and storm surges.
- Design Passive Spaces to be Engaging! Simplicity can be powerful, creating oases in the middle of the city