Riverkeeper Sweep 2021
May 1 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Friends of Bushwick Inlet Park and Riverkeeper for a cleanup and planting event at Bushwick Inlet Park on Saturday, May 1, 2021 for the 10th Annual Riverkeeper Sweep, a day of service for the Hudson River and its tributaries (and New York Harbor).
Volunteers will meet at Bushwick Inlet Park, 86 Kent Ave, Brooklyn down by the water. We ask all Sweep volunteers to wear sturdy shoes or boots, clothing that they can get dirty, and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a full reusable water bottle, and a face mask, work gloves, and hand sanitizer. This site is suitable for elementary-aged children with proper adult supervision.
*IMPORTANT! To ensure the safety of volunteers, Sweep Site Leaders, park staff, and our communities, we ask that volunteers adhere to the following guidelines:
- Volunteers are required to pre-register for Sweep, and bring their own masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and water.
- All participants and Sweep Leaders must wear masks that fully cover both their nose and mouth, at all times, no exceptions.
- All volunteers must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet and wear masks at all times.
- When announcements are being made, a distance of 15 feet should be maintained.
- Volunteers should carpool only with members of their own household.
- Volunteers should not participate if they have ANY signs of illness or if they have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 within the previous two weeks.
Questions? Contact Riverkeeper at email@example.com or site leader Katherine Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To support the Riverkeeper Sweep and Riverkeeper’s year-round work to protect and restore the Hudson River and its tributaries, please consider becoming a Riverkeeper member or renewing your Riverkeeper membership with a donation of any amount, or starting a fundraiser to encourage your friends and family to become Riverkeeper members. Learn more and donate at: https://give.classy.org/Sweep2021