- This event has passed.
Riverkeeper Sweep 2020
October 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join Friends of Bushwick Inlet Park and Riverkeeper for a cleanup, planting, and tree service project at Bushwick Inlet Park on Saturday, October 17, 2020 for the 9th Annual Riverkeeper Sweep, a day of service for the Hudson River.
Volunteers will meet at the gardens in Bushwick Inlet Park, where street parking will be available. We ask all Sweep volunteers to wear sturdy shoes or boots, clothing that they can get dirty, and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a full reusable water bottle, and a face mask, work gloves and hand sanitizer. This site is suitable for elementary-aged children with proper adult supervision.
*IMPORTANT! To ensure the safety of volunteers, Sweep Site Leaders, park staff, and our communities, we ask that volunteers adhere to the following guidelines:
- Volunteers are required to pre-register for Sweep, and bring their own masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and water.
- All participants and Sweep Leaders must wear masks that fully cover both their nose and mouth, at all times, no exceptions.
- All volunteers must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet and wear masks at all times. When announcements are being made, a distance of 15 feet should be maintained.
- Volunteers should carpool only with members of their own household.
- Volunteers should not participate if they have ANY signs of illness or if they have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 within the previous two weeks.
Questions? Contact Julie from Friends of Bushwick Inlet Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or Riverkeeper at email@example.com.